News from Inver National School

News and currents adventures from Inver National School, Inver, Co. Mayo

Cycle Safety

May9

Every Thursday for the past three weeks we have had a cycle safety programme. We had to cycle into school and at half eleven a man called Gerry came in to teach us about cycle safety. He taught us a lot about the road worthy skills which means knowing how to be safe on road. He showed us a lot of skill games too. He always took us as a group: 5th and 6th went first and 3rd and 4th went then. He used to have a few bikes with him in case any one forgot their bike. He brought a couple of helmets too. He had a few schools to go to as well as our school. When he was finished with us (which was last week) he had to go to Longford this week. He was teaching a school up there about cycle safety. It was great fun while he was here and we learned lots from him.

By Sean and Caolan.

2 Comments to

“Cycle Safety”

1. May 11th, 2012 at 2:36 pm       Eoin Says:

I think its a really good report on the cycle safety programme and i really enjoyed the cycle safety programme aswell.

2. May 11th, 2012 at 2:37 pm       erin Says:

I enjoyed reading your blog about cycle safety. I also had a great time at cycle safety too. I hope we can do it again next year.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar